Mid-January Cabin Fever? How’s this for a Heat Wave? 2011 College Experience alumnus Jessica Lewis created this image of warmer days on a tropical isle while taking private art lessons at the Art in Mind Creative Wellness Studio @artinmindstudio.
Healthline.com suggests 5 Tips for Coping with “Cabin Fever”
1. Connect with nature – Get outside if the weather allows, invest in some houseplants, or watch a nature documentary.
2. Get your body moving – A little Cardio goes a long way. Go outside if the weather allows or try a free fitness app or YouTube Videos.
3. Carve out some quiet time – Sometimes our “cabin fever” actually stems from being overstimulated or overwhelmed, particularly if we’re cooped up with other people. They suggest Noise-canceling headphones or earplugs, a mindful shower or bath, and gentle yoga
4. Redecorate and/or rearrange your space to change things up
5. Transport yourself someplace else – read a book or watch a movie that takes place somewhere far away. Have a dance party to songs like Heat Wave, Summer Nights, and Kokomo. Or you can do what Jessica did and paint yourself a paradise!