The Community Habilitation Program provides support to adults and children throughout the Capital Region in achieving desired outcomes related to integration, socialization, productivity and overall independence.
Individuals living in their own homes or in the homes of family members can receive Community Habilitation services with trained and compassionate staff in one-on-one or group settings.
- Assistance with cleaning, organization, and other household chores
- Meal planning and grocery shopping
- Assistance with budgeting and money management
- Community inclusion and socialization activities
- Assistance with cooking and baking
- Assistance in making healthy lifestyle choices
- Physical assistance for individuals using wheelchairs and other mobility supports
Community Habilitation provides supports which can help to foster and maintain independence, happiness and overall well-being through our person-centered services while also remaining flexible with various schedules and time constraints. Whether in group or one-on-one settings, Community Habilitation allows individuals to direct their own services in a comfortable and personalized setting, both at home and in the community.
To find out more about Community Habilitation services through Living Resources, please contact:
John Breitenbach, Assistant Director of Community Living—518-218-0000 extension 4385
Courtney Mason, Program Manager for Community Habilitation—518-218-0000 extension 5354
300 Washington Avenue Extension
Albany, NY 12203