Medicaid service coordination (MSC) Services are provided to individuals with developmental disabilities to assist the individual and their family to gain access to necessary services and supports appropriate to their needs. The MSC helps the individual to make choices and plans that allow them to live the life they want to live. This can be achieved when the individual and the service coordinator work in partnership with family, friends, service providers, government and community supports.
Living Resources also provides Plan of Care Support Services (PCSS) to those who may not have an ongoing and comprehensive need for Medicaid Service Coordination or who have opted out of this service. PCSS offers the development of the Individualized Service Plan and its monitoring and maintenance.
We provide services primarily to the counties of Rensselaer, Albany, Schenectady and Saratoga.
Service Coordination assists with:
- Benefits and entitlements (Social Security, Medicaid, DSS, Food Stamps)
- Referrals to community programs such as Day Habilitation, Community Habilitation, Vocational and Prevocational Services, etc.
- Ongoing support and advocacy
- School advocacy (IEF, Meetings, CSE Meetings)
- Future Planning
- Medical Information and Advocacy