Medicaid service coordination (MSC) Services are provided to individuals with developmental disabilities to assist the individual and their family to gain access to necessary services and supports appropriate to their needs. The MSC helps the individual to make choices and plans that allow them to live the life they want to live. This can be achieved when the individual and the service coordinator work in partnership with family, friends, service providers, government and community supports.
Service Coordination assists with:
- Benefits and entitlements (Social Security, Medicaid, DSS, Food Stamps)
- Referrals to community programs such as Day Habilitation, Community Habilitation, Vocational and Prevocational Services, etc.
- Ongoing support and advocacy
- School advocacy (IEF, Meetings, CSE Meetings)
- Future Planning
- Medical Information and Advocacy